The Porta Hydraulic Transom Bracket goes where no engine bracket has gone before. Straight up and straight down. It lifts from one to five outboard motors…effortlessly…hydraulically. What makes it unique is that it lifts the motors vertically, up to 22″, with setbacks of 17″-21″-26″. This allows boaters more access to shallow water and unparalleled navigability. The Porta Bracket also allows the gearcase to be raised above the bottom of the boat without tilting, allows the propulsion line to remain parallel with the direction of the boat, and eliminates the need for lower unit anti-fouling paint. The Porta Bracket is constructed of rugged aircraft aluminum. It features one hydraulic cylinder per outboard, each with 5,000 lbs of lift. It’s like having a setback bracket and an extreme jackplate in one dependable product with 3 times the vertical range of anything else out there.
Porta Products Corporation was founded in 1980 by Scott Porta. The Company has grown into a diversified facility housing several established marine manufacturers and providing “incubator” services to companies just getting started.
Porta’s primary product is the unique Porta Hydraulic Transom Bracket , a one of a kind product in terms of vertical travel and number of motors accommodated.
Located in New Smyrna Beach, a riverfront community on Florida’s central east coast, the Porta “marine depot,” as it is known locally, is now home to Porta Products Coporation. and Porta Performance, and several smaller firms in its building complex.
“Enhance Your Boating and Fishing Experience”
“The Porta Transom Bracket is unique in that it’s hydraulic and can accommodate from one to five high-horsepower outboard motors. Hydraulics allow tilting the engine completely out of the water. Because motor height is adjustable, the helmsman can fine-tune propeller depth for fast flying or shallow running on the flats.”Southern Boating, August 2001
The Porta Hydraulic Transom Bracket is a travelling parallelogram that combines the best features of two products. A simple transom bracket extends the motor off the back of the boat for stability and more room inside the boat – but cannot raise or lower the motor to find the “sweet spot” for performance, to accommodate shallow water fishing, or to provide motor protection raise-and-tilt. A simple hydraulic jack plate can raise or lower the motor a short distance (usually eight inches max) but does not offer the setback advantages of a transom bracket. With the Porta Hydraulic Transom Bracket you get both – the setback, with its advantages, and the vertical movement range – of 12″ to 22″ – much more than is offered by any hydraulic jack plate on the market. Unique is indeed the right word for this remarkable product.
Standard colors are White, E-Tech white, black, silver, Yamaha gray, or unpainted aluminum. Custom colors require a paint chip, or a paint number and manufacturer.
- Reduces outboard motor downtime
- Improves boat handling in shallow water
- Improves top end speed
- Improves engine fuel economy
- Can raise the engine gearcase above the bottom of the boat without tilting
- Allows the propulsion line to remain parallel with the direction of the boat
- Allows motors to be tilted completely out of the water
- Frees space inside the boat
- Eliminate the need for a flats boat
- Eliminates the need for lower unit anti-fouling paint
- Eliminates the electrolytic damage to the motor(s) at the dock
- Fishermen love it. Fish fear it. Fishing is more fun with it.
- Rather race? Get a multiple engine model and speed, speed, speed!
- Thirteen different models work with Mercury, Yamaha, Johnson, Evinrude, Honda, Suzuki and other leading outboards of 60hp or more.
- Holds one to five of even the largest outboard motors
- Motors travel vertically from 12″ to 22″ depending on the model
- Bracket models offer 17″, 21″, or 26″ of setback
- Operates from the helm of the boat with a flick of the switch
- Operates hydraulically with OildyneTM 12 volt pump
- One Hydraulic Cylinder per outboard motor. Each cylinder can lift 5000 pounds
- Constructed of aircraft aluminum
- Better than a jack plate, better than a fixed transom bracket.
- Unique travelling parallelogram keeps the motor straight.
“Thanks to Mr. Porta for manufacturing such a great product… Haven’t seen anything like it on the Louisiana coast. I bought the bracket from you in January and we have been offshore and in the bay with it. I put it on a 200 HP Ocean Pro 23 ft. inboard converted to an outboard w/ bracket. I can fish alongside my friend’s 18 ft. cc Wellcraft in shallow water in the bay with my 200 out of the water… just enough…. to pick up water pressure and move us along. Have anyone that wants to know just how great this bracket is to call me. I travel a lot in my work, but I will call them back.”Darryl Hinson, 337-392-0402